Portlands Developments are delighted to introduce infrared under-floor heating system, to their projects, new developments as well as many extensions and refurbishment projects built in Maidenhead, Windsor, Marlow, Ascot, Wokingham, west London, etc.
As the local builders Portlands have discovered that infra red under floor heating is an ideal solution to provide cost effective, clean and easy way to generate the heating required in the house.
Infra red under floor heating, works by producing infrared radiation that travels through the floor straight to the objects in the room. In other words, it warms the objects directly instead of wasting energy on warming up the air.
Studies show that infrared under-floor heating creates efficiently heated, dust free and healthier environment.
Advantages of under floor heating:
- Saves up to 50% on energy costs and is cheaper to run than a conventional radiator systems
- Easy to install
- When installing an under-floor heating system into a new build property, under-floor heating is cheaper to buy and install than a radiator systems
- Space saving (about 15% more usable space in the room)
- Comfort at lower running temperatures
- Under-floor heating helps to reduce house dust mites and is beneficial for health conditions such as asthma or bronchial ailments
- Improves blood circulation, metabolism and immune system
- Prevents mould growth
- No noise or vibrations
- Maintenance free
- Much safer than traditional radiators for children and elderly people
Under-floor heating does not create air circulation, therefore contrary to traditional radiators it provides dust free environment. Under-floor heating provides a pleasant heat as human’s feet tend to be 2°C –3°C warmer than the head. This means that people using infrared under-floor heating will receive additional comfort suppose to those using conventional radiators. Moreover, under-floor heating system set to 19°C would provide the same warmth as a radiator set to 21°C – 22°C, so it also reduces heating costs.