The PLX range is a popular choice for specifiers, home owners and contractors who demand stylish, space saving and efficient electric heating systems. Styled to complement our popular XL storage heaters and DuoHeat radiators, PLX panel heaters are often used to heat areas such as bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens and other areas, which only require heating for short periods of the day.
They are also a cost effective way to extend an existing heating system when buildings are being refurbished or new rooms added.
- Full range available in willow white to match XL storage heaters
- Convected heat for rapid warm-up
- Suitable for domestic or commercial use
- Choice of models with or without timers
- All models splashproof (IPX4 rated) for use in bathrooms and other wet areas
- High accuracy adjustable thermostat responds to very small changes in room temperature to reduce temperature drift (not applicable to PLX NC range)
- Frost protection setting (not applicable to PLX NC range)
- Option of programmable 24-hour timers
- Front air outlet grille for efficient heat circulation
- Lockable dust cover protects controls
- Detachable hinged wall mounting frame for fast installation and easy cleaning
- Thermostat Control: User selection of room temperature from 5°C (frost protection) to 35°C using rotary knob.
- On/off switch: A single pole on/off switch controls the electricity supply to the heater. A neon indicator will illuminate when the switch is ON and power is being supplied to the elements.
- Built-in 24 hour/7 day programmers (TI/TX models): Incorporating accurate and reliable timers, the built-in 24 hour time clock on the PLX/TI models enables daily heating needs to be programmed in advance. The clock may be set to switch on and off as often as required throughout the day. When heat is needed unexpectedly, an override switch enables the timer to be by-passed without altering the pre-set programme. The selector control also has an OFF position.
- Heat selection switch: Each model incorporates a half heat selection switch, enabling the smallest model to be switched to just 250W, ideal for small rooms. The thermostat operates on full or half load.
- Thermostat: Dimplex PLX panel heaters feature close tolerance gas-filled thermostats, maintaining room temperatures to within +/- 1.5°C, eliminating resultant under/over heating and improving user comfort and energy efficiency. Range 5°-35°C.
- Element: Compact, finned, mineral-filled sheathed type, providing silent operation.
- Thermal Cut-out: Auto reset type.
- Construction: Durable epoxy-polyester powder coated steel casing, with forward facing grille. Temperature resistant PBT thermoplastic moulded parts.
- Colour/Finish: Standard models: willow white front and rear panels, with contrasting birch grey grille. PLXWTI models: pure white front, rear and grille.
- Installation: Detachable wall mounting bracket.
- Electrical Connections: 1.0m, of supply cable fitted to each heater.
- IP Rating: Splashproof IPX4.
Delivery time: 1-2 Business Days.